5/20/10

Dear Lucy

DSC_0142

I am torn. I want to write every moment down that we are experiencing together. But we are so busy living that it's hard to find the time to sit down and write about it. You are changing so fast and every day is something new, something cute you are saying or doing and I don't want to forget even a single moment. But I'm not good at keeping track of it all. I savor these times with you. Spring finally came this week, the weather is beautiful and we have been outside almost every minute of it.

Here are a few tidbits from today...

Today was great. We spent all morning at the park with our moms and tot's group. You ran around without stopping for a full two hours. After a while you told me that you were hungry so we left to come home for lunch. You chatted about our time at the park while you were eating, remembering the baby ducks and the baby swans and the tractor. You have become such a great little talker. I love hearing you tell me what's on your mind. I love the way you pause between your thoughts and words like you're really concentrating on what you're trying to say. After your nap we went to another park to go for a jog in your stroller. You sang and talked the whole time. We came home to cook dinner, you played quietly and colored the whole time I was cooking. Your daddy got home just before we started to eat (which rarely happens). After dinner, you wanted to play outside so you helped your daddy take out the trash and water the new grass seeds he had planted. You ran as fast as you could down the driveway the whole time screaming "Lucy's running". Then you came back in and wanted to watch the movie Cars (again). So you cuddled up next to me and watched it for almost a whole 15 minutes. While you were sitting still I noticed that your head smelled like sunshine. I told your dad so he came over for a sniff and he thought it smelled exactly like sunshine.

You then asked to to to bed (I am fully aware how lucky I am that you love to sleep). I took you upstairs, you peed on the potty, brushed your teeth, and then daddy came up to say goodnight. You got really giggly and ran all around upstairs screaming and laughing and playing with your daddy. You laid right down and fell asleep but woke up a little later. I heard you on the monitor saying "Lucy need blanket" so I went up to help you. You had your favorite blanket but wanted another one so I put that one in there with you. Then you saw another blanket and said "and that one too. And pillows". So I put in the third blanket and found your pillows.

I love you more everyday, sweetiepie.


DSC_0113

DSC_0131

No comments:

Post a Comment