8/8/10

oh my, summer, where have you gone?

my dear, neglected blog, we need to catch up!

So much has happened since I saw you last. I almost forgot my password to update you! yikes.

Soooo (drum roll please) here's what's been going on!

Lucy turned 2!





We celebrated at Independence Park on father's day (and the day of Lucy's actual birthday). It was a lovely day and the best part was seeing Lucy enjoy her day so much. She had been practicing blowing out her candles for weeks and when you asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she would reply "birthday cake". That's my girl.

Dena and Dave came for a visit all the way from Australia. It was great spending time with them! Lucy had so much fun playing with her aunt Dena and Uncle Dave while they stayed with us.




Unfortunately, we lost a family member. Meeka the cat had to be put to sleep. He developed a bad ear hemotoma and at his old age, the decision was made to not put him through surgery.



Mostly we've been spending our time trying to soak up as much of summer as we can. I know these long, hot days aren't going to last for long so we are making the best of them! We've been swimming as much as possible, going to the spray park, going on long walks at the park, avoiding our own yard because of the nasty mosquitos, but spending most of our days outside. I love summer and I can see that Lucy is a much happier little girl when we get to spend much of our time out in the fresh air.









And last of all, I got dreadlocks. I know, crazy, right? I will write more on that later. It's hard to get into the whole reason as to why I would want to stop combing my hair and have knots all over my head but I have my reasons which I will be happy to explain!

No comments:

Post a Comment